Friday, March 30, 2012

Review: Still Waters


Still Waters
Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I have a Vlog coming up on my channel for this book and I think I explain it better
in the video. This book was very similar to "The Shining" (1980) starring Jack Nicholson with the story line of going away to an isolated area and the male character going crazy. Hannah, our protagonist, didn't have a backbone. If someone tried to kill her, she'd probably be dead within a minute. Hannah is pretty much "Wendy Torrance" from The Shining but at least Wendy had balls in parts of the film. The ending was anticlimactic and made me go "Wow. So I went through this entire book to be given this?" and the reason I gave the book 3 stars was because it definitely had potential, but it plummeted. If you think you'll enjoy it, then please go check it out. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

If you would like something similar to this book, read "The Best Friend" by R.L. Stine
or watch "Fear" starring Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon.


-R.D.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment